Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Back in D.C.

I don't want to see the inside of an airport for a very long time. My flight made it back last night, but not until just after two am. By the time I picked up my bag, got in a taxi, and arrived back at Walter Reed it was three in the morning. It felt so good to crawl into bed.

Today has been a lazy day. Storms have been moving through the area and the rain has been providing a great excuse to stay in bed and watch tv. This is the first real day I've had to relax in a couple weeks. It's been wonderful. J.R. went grocery shopping this morning and he told me he was making dinner tonight. I'm not sure where that came from, but I'm not complaining. I'll let him take a turn cooking any day.

The only real work I've done today is walking over to see finance. I have yet to be paid for two months and my bank account has very little left in checking. The gentleman I talked with says I should be paid within 72 hours. Gotta love Walter Reed.

According to UPS my new phone will be here today. After going a whole weekend without being able to see my display I'm beyond ready for my new phone. I plan on running my razor over with the car multiple times. Don't worry I'll take a picture.

3 comments:

Butterfly Wife said...

Glad to see you made it back. Can't wait to see the pics of the smooshed phone!

Tracy said...

I'm glad you are back in D.C. safe and get to basically relax today!!

Anonymous said...

Razr phones do suck. I got the cute pink one and have hated it ever since. I have 4 weeks left until I can upgrade the damn thing without a fee or penalty. I. Can't. Wait.