Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Happy Fourth!

Happy fourth of July!!! Everything here at the hospital is shut down. There is no therapy and pretty much nobody is working so we can't do paperwork. I love it. I stayed in bed till 11:30 and J.R. is still sleeping... no surprise there. I'm looking forward to a very lazy day followed by fireworks at the White House. It just doesn't get any better than that. I will say I'm a little nervous about the D.C. weather. There is a significant chance of rain and thunderstorms for today and this evening. I'm going to be so mad if the fireworks get rained out. I was going to wear a pair of white shorts tonight, but I might rethink that move just because of the rain. It probably wouldn't be very appropriate to have on wet white shorts at the White House.

Tomorrow I fly home! I am so excited to be home for just a few days. The first thing I'm doing when I return home is finding something to wash in my own washing machine. Even if it's already clean. It's getting washed. After that I'm cracking open a bottle of wine to celebrate not having to wait in line at the washing machine. That will be a very lovely moment.

Speaking of home, we have started to pack up a lot of our stuff here in hopes that we can return home for good very soon. All of our paperwork has been submitted. Now all we can do is cross our fingers and pray that we don't have to appeal any of the final answers. I know J.R. is ready to be home. Yesterday he kept telling me just how homesick he was. I can't say I blame him. He has been away from the apartment for almost two years now. It's time to go back.

For now it's time to take a shower and get ready for the day. I need to run and pick up my flight itinerary from hero miles. After that I can come back here and relax. I'm sure there is a BBQ happening on post right now so maybe I'll go eat. All that's left to do after that is pack for home and watch the fireworks. Not a bad day.

2 comments:

Tracy said...

I hope you had a great time at the White House and that the fireworks did not get rained out!!

I hope the paperwork miraculously goes through channels fast and you get home soon!!

FbL said...

I hope that you have a great time at the White House and that both of you are soon on your way home for good. That light is getting brighter every day! :)