Thursday, September 27, 2007

Day Dream

I caught myself day dreaming today. Not an uncommon thing to do during Intro to Business Administration. What surprised me was what I was day dreaming about. I was driving down Georgia Avenue in D.C. heading to the Wheaten mall. It was crazy how real it felt. I could smell D.C., hear D.C., and see every building, every pot hole, every traffic light as clearly as I could when I was actually there. When we were at Walter Reed all I did was think about home. Now that I'm home all I can think about is Walter Reed. The grass really is always greener on the other side.

Since I got out of class I've been working on picking up the office. I can officially see two square feet of carpet. That's a small miracle. J.R. is going to have start thinking about what he can and cannot live without. We simple have to much stuff in our little apartment. We have a lot of work ahead of us in the next couple of days.
I should be getting ready for work right now. I don't want to go. It's beautiful outside. I want to stay in my apartment and clean and do homework. *Sigh* I hate the "real world" some days.

2 comments:

Butterfly Wife said...

I hear ya on hating the real world some days. It is just so, well, real. One thing that I really wish I would do something about, is simply going outside when the weather is beautiful. I should get a really comfortable chair for outside.

Butterfly Wife said...

So right after I posted this comment, I went and met a friend for dinner and we sat outside and enjoyed the beautiful weather. Thanks for the inspiration. :)