Monday, October 8, 2007

Death by Wal-Mart

I have to go to Wal-Mart. I don't want to go, but I have to. I've been putting the trip off for as long as possible. All week I've found reasons why I can't make it to the store. However today is the day we use the last roll of toilet paper. And so my trip can no longer be put off and I will go and fight off the senior citizens. I will drag around my cart in search for the missing items on the shelf. I will roll my eyes at silly people who leave their carts in the middle of the crowded aisle. I will read the tabloids and fill my brain with useless half truths as I waste minutes of my life standing in line at the checkout. Which makes me wonder... how many minutes of our lives do we really waste standing in line at the checkout of Wal-Mart? If somebody did a study on that I'd probably cringe at the results. One can only guess that if you added all the minutes you have ever waited at Wal-Mart it would result in some outrageous amount of time like two weeks of your life. Gotta love small town living.

I can't say the weather is helping my motivation at all. It is once again another dreary day here in Wisconsin. This morning I walked to class in the pouring rain. All of us were soaked when we sat down. For now the rain has stopped but everything is soaking wet and cold. All I want is a little sunshine! At least with the cool weather I can finally start making some of those favorite fall meals. Soup, soup, more soup. Ok... I'm a soup fanatic, but can you blame me?

Tonight I begin my mass media paper for sociology. Not looking forward to this. It will definitely be interesting to hear the different points of view from my fellow students, half of whom could probably tell you the life story of Britney Spears but would fail to list any candidates for the 2008 election. You can see I have such a positive attitude today. I'm blaming the weather for that.

I have now officially procrastinated for yet another fifteen minutes. Go me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Josie,
Have you ever thought of publishing your blog?? Just a thought. You should consider writing as a career! Send some articles to a magazine you like and I bet they would hire you in a second. I am not a fan of easy money either. Boring dull jobs make me a little crazy.

PS: I don't think I will ever get all my boxes unpacked and I too hate Walmart and the Grocery Store. I love Target though not sure why..

Toodles,

Shannon

Jack said...

Thanks for sharring