Thursday, November 15, 2007

Baby it's Cold INSIDE

I love coming to the library to study. Every time I enter the building I make my way up to the top floor where it's quiet and there are no cell phones and no talking allowed. It's fabulous. I also sit at the same desk by the window that overlooks campus. My only complaint.. IT'S FREEZING. Now I know that it's usually cold in the library so today I layered. I have on one tank top, one long sleeved shirt, one t-shirt over both of those, a thick hooded sweatshirt, and my jeans. I have also draped my winter jacket over my legs and I am still sitting here freezing. Seriously, I understand how expensive it is to heat this building, but how do you study when all you can think about is how cold your nose and hands are? I'm going to start wearing my snow pants when I come here.

I am desperately trying to catch up on homework from the last week. All of my teachers have been understanding that life got in the way a bit and have given me a few extensions. Which is great, except now I have piles of homework. Not so great.

I have to say thank you to everyone who is showing support over the last couple weeks. I feel as if I've been so down lately and so whiny but I can't help it. It's just one of those ruts I'm stuck in. I'm hopeful it will improve... soon.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember those favored library spots from college. I looked forward to going to study in those treasured places and they were never the right temperature. More often they were freezing though so I know how you feel about that.

Nothing seems right to say when you are in a crappy frame of mind but just keep breathing and taking it day by day.

liberal army wife said...

a whiny loop is quite understandable right now. so go right ahead. but when you can, find ONE good thing. just one a day, then one in the morning and one in the afternoon. then one an hour.

My special place was the Trial Garden in the fall or spring. gorgeous. In the Minnesota Winter - I didn't have one, I was too busy trying to get home!

LAW

Anonymous said...

Your so right. Many, many years ago, UW-Madison library was warm enough to put me in a stupor. At least I think it was the warmth of the building, hmmm, I'll have to think about this later today! May have helped if I had gotten some sleep prior to studying but, hey, it was Madison in 1972, we had to march against Nixon some nights!
One foot in front of the other some days, even when it feels you are carrying the weight of the world. Vent away, especially if it gives you an outlet. Have a good weekend.
Cathy B

prophet said...

not to worry. You have more support than even you know from people who [like me] don't know what to say and don't want to say something that just makes it worse. . . . but who are rooting for you and who think you rock. Even just sitting there. Cold. Breathing. Blowing your nose. Despairing of ever getting the pile of homework done.

"Work like an ant" - was what helped me with an overwhelming pile. One bit at a time. Just one armfull. Rest a moment. Then another.

Repeat.

Breathe. and again.

Reasa said...

I layer also. I also have a cup of hot tea and stay away from the windows now that it is cooling off. My Kiddos laugh at me when I leave to sudy because they are outside with tshirts and shorts and I am wearing the sweatpants and a hoodie with a tshirt underneath. :)

The rut you will dig yourself out of. Hang in and we will be here when you are ready to come back.

Anonymous said...

As I've said before, you both have shown such courage and determination in how you have dealt with JR's and your injuries. That's right, YOUR injuries. While they are unseen, you are hurting as well.

JR has gotten the finest care that can be had - what about you? You are his primary support system - who is yours?

Remember to take care of yourself as well - it's the support system and caregivers who are frequently overlooked, but who sometimes need it more than others.

Kat said...

(((hugs))) we luv ya and continue to pray for you.. remember to take care of yourself, as others have said. ((hugs)))