Saturday, August 11, 2007

Army Starts New Psychiatric Program

Yes, the army has started a new program. You can read about it here.

They claim that this program will teach military personnel and their families "how to identify signs of possible psychiatric injuries suffered in the war on terrorism that may have gone unnoticed." I would like to point out that our military families don't need help identifying psychiatric problems. When my husband comes home and he can't remember things he did at the beginning of the day, I know something is wrong. When he has mood swings worse than a menopausal woman, I know something is wrong. When his temper flares over small things, I know something is wrong. Our military families don't need yet another program to waste our time and energy. We don't need help identifying the problems. We need help dealing with them and treating them.

If the military truly took the time to listen to their people, they would know that what we need is more therapist. We need them across the country. Start hiring now.


*****Change of Pace*****

I do not want to focus on the stupidity of our military for the whole day. As I continued to read the news I came across this article on Yahoo! The ELCA Lutheran church is now urging bishops to not punish homosexual pastors in faithful, committed relationships. I've never been so proud of my Lutheran upbringing. I'm confident that it's not my job to judge people based on who they love. I'm also pretty sure that who you love doesn't interfere with your ability to teach people about God.


I don't want to open up a debate about this topic. It is a very touchy topic and I completely understand that. If you don't agree with my point of view, I'm ok with that. All I am asking is that you can respect my feelings on the matter.

No comments: