Friday, August 3, 2007

Military ID

Some days I just want to strangle the employees that work in the SFAC. I went in today to get a new military ID card. Mine expired yesterday. I WANTED to renew my ID yesterday, but we couldn't get our hands on J.R.'s extended orders until the end of the work day. I went in today to have a new ID made only to be told that the person in charge of ID cards went home sick. Apparently nobody else working has the brains to press a button and take a picture. So I was not able to receive a new ID.

Now because I wasn't able to receive a new ID, I wasn't able to transfer my prescription from Walgreens to CVS and I had to drive 35 miles (which in DC takes an hour) to find the nearest Walgreens. Mary and I went exploring to find the pharmacy. Sixty miles, two hours, and two prescriptions later we returned to Walter Reed. Not the most exciting way to spend the evening but what are you going to do?

I did manage to FINALLY finish Harry Potter today. Wasn't as great as I thought it would be. I think the magic of the series has been killed by all the media attention. By the time I finished reading the book, I was so sick of hearing about it that I was glad to be done with it.

As for the remainder of the evening I will be firmly planted in front of the tv watching movies with J.R. Depending on how productive I feel I may even order some late night chinese take out. I figure why not... it is Friday night after all.

3 comments:

Tracy said...

UGH. Doesn't sound like a fun way to spend the day. I hate chasing around and not getting much done!

I hope you enjoyed movie night with J.R.

Butterfly Wife said...

Ditto what Tracy said.

And, well, at least you finished Harry Potter. As for me, I am on page 37 now. I have got to be the only person left on this planet who got the book on the day it came out who has not yet finished the stupid book.

liberal army wife said...

Here we had trouble getting the IDs done after our MN Guard extension. ONLY between 8:30-3:30, M-F... great for everyone that works/kids in school....A friend of mine made an APPOINTMENT so she could get her ID and her stepdaughter's ID done, when they got there "oh, sorry, he's on leave and the others left early today, we didn't know anyone was coming..etc etc..."