Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Tools

There is so much that needs to be written and so little time to sit down and focus on the job. We have been running back and forth to Hayward the last couple of days trying to get all of his tools out of mini-storage. And we aren't just moving little hammers and nails. Oh no... we're moving the jointer, the bandsaw, the drill press. Big, heavy, over-sized tools that make a boy feel like a man. The kind of tools I find my husband drooling over in Home Depot the way I drool over a pair of Franco Sarto shoes. Only difference being mine cost a hundred dollars and his around a thousand. It is a small miracle that the Xterra still has a home in our garage. I'm sure it is just a matter of time and more trips to Hayward before no vehicle will fit through the door. As a wife, I think that if I can no longer park in the garage I am deserving of an automatic car starter. One can always dream.

Today I am refusing to go to Hayward. I have a whole bag of ripe peaches and I have finally found my kitchen (including the table). I plan on playing Betty Crocker all day and making a full dinner. Chicken, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole and a peach pie. Nothing beats comfort food when life is so up and down. A little kitchen aide therapy goes a long way. Maybe tonight I will find the time and energy to sit down and really write about life at the Salzman house. It's just to tedious of a task and my brain can only focus on my sore muscles at the moment.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like some normalacy, everyday life happenings for a change. Sounds like JR is keeping busy. (and out of your hair today-ha ha!). Cooking is wonderful therapy. Try a recipe that call for kneading dough, that always helps relieve a little stress.
All the best to you both,
Cathy B

Anonymous said...

I can sympathize. NY style cheesecake, chocolate fudge cake, lasagna, apple pie with a streusel crust, it's all good.

Enjoy your day off.

RPL
Soldiers Angels, NYC

Shana Verstegen said...

Hey Josie,
Could you have JR give me a call? Are you two up for some skydiving on Tuesday? I really hope so!